Search found 4 matches

by tjz450
Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:11 am
Forum: Assembly
Topic: EDIS module connector pins
Replies: 8
Views: 17225

EDIS pins

I found the pins at www.fordfuelinjection.com. Their ford terminal pins for O2,TPS,VSS female for .35 USD, appear to be the correct ones for the edis connection. Also the connector disassembles fairly easy. The red lock bar or strip pulls straight up to release, not by prying from one end. Look for ...
by tjz450
Mon May 08, 2006 6:35 pm
Forum: Q&A
Topic: Cautionary Tale
Replies: 12
Views: 18493

da teeth

Did i mention my engine starts on first crank, everytime. On the outer perimeter of a stock timing wheel, the tooth is approx. .180 wide and the gap is approx. .310". How deep the gap is doesn't matter. There is other ways to trigger a VR sensor. Look at the teeth on the V8 flywheel. Each toot...
by tjz450
Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:35 am
Forum: Q&A
Topic: max rpm
Replies: 15
Views: 20291

max rpm

Mustang racers in the US have used EDIS-8 for ignition system on 4.6 MOD engines to over 9000, without missing a beat. So guessing that Ford used the same components inside the -4 modules, I would say 4 cylinder engines covered. Nothing like finding out for yourself, though.
by tjz450
Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:19 am
Forum: Q&A
Topic: Cautionary Tale
Replies: 12
Views: 18493

sprocket

Hi, I used a machinery sprocket with 36 teeth for a #50 roller chain. In order to mount wheel to front of small block chevy balancer, I needed this larger diameter. Worked out fine, engine started at first crank. These types of sprockets are thicker than I would like. But not as thick as a stock for...