V3.2.1 Configurator Crash

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Hiperformance71

V3.2.1 Configurator Crash

Post by Hiperformance71 »

Hello to all,

In the last 2 installations of MJLJ (one TURBO and the other NA) i have had a crash of the configurator V3.2.1, the next time i have one, i will make a screenshot of it. The crash consist of a freeze of the program, all the parameters in real time are freezed, noting seems to work, i have restarted the program and all works fine. I think is the configurator only and not the firmware because the engine continue to rev. regularly. Previus to use of the V3.2.1 Configurator/firmware, i have used the V3.0.0 without big problems (only frequantly rpms spykes). The use of the V3.2.1 have solved the rpm spykes about a 90-95%, it will need a calibration but for now, i think is acceptable, in about an hour of work
of calibration of the ignition map, the number os the spikes has dropped signignicantly to 1 or 2, with the V3.0.0 the number of spikes are over 15-20 times.

The next time i will have a crash running the configurator, i will take more information and a screenshot of the screen.

Windows XP Home, latest SP.
Hp Pavillion 9003EA Notebook with AMD Turion64X2, 1 Gb RAM.
Serial-USB adapter

Regards to all,
Antonio

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the report. Can you tell us what usb-serial converter you're using?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Hiperformance71

Post by Hiperformance71 »

Hello Brent,

My serial-USB adapter/converter is a PROLIFIC, take a look at this link:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/HTML/usb_serial.htm#810

I have buyed this adapter in an electronic shop here in Italy, abouth 2 years ago. I use it with some serial devices without problems (in 3 different PC, my old PII 266Mhz win98, in my old Compaq Presario 900 notebook with XP and the latest HP Notebook with XP). I have communicated ok with the MJLJ when i have first used the V3.0.0 firmware/configurator, a DTA Racing Ecu, and others devices. At the moment, i have installed the MJLJ in 3 cars, 2 NA (with carbs) and a Turbocharged.

regards
Antonio