Minor bug in the v3.2.1 Configurator

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

david jenkins

Minor bug in the v3.2.1 Configurator

Post by david jenkins »

Brent,

If you have the Options panel open (the one associated with the Ignition Map panel) and click on 'OK', the label associated with all the User Configurable Outputs changes from RPM to kPa. You don't have to change any values for this to happen.

This seems to has no effect on the way things work, as when you re-open the Configurator it's back as RPM again.

It looks like a very minor label-writing bug...

cheers,
David

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

You're right - assuming you mean the labels to the right of the outputs that show the "units" - especially when you change the Load Type in the Tools|Configurator Options dialog box...

Open V3.2.1 configurator (no MJLJ attached)

Go to Options tab
- units for prog outputs are in RPM

Open Tools|Configurator Options dialog box (Load Type is "Throttle Position (TPS)") ... and click OK
- units for prog outputs change to TPS%
...but the units should still be RPM

Reselect Output 1 type to be RPM (i.e drop down the box, but select RPM i.e. the current value)
- units for prog outputs change to RPM

Open Tools|Configurator Options dialog box and change Load Type to "Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)") ... and click OK
- units for prog outputs change to kPa
...but the units should still be RPM

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

MartinM wrote:You're right - assuming you mean the labels to the right of the outputs that show the "units" - especially when you change the Load Type in the Tools|Configurator Options dialog box...
Those are the ones I mean.

You don't actually have to change a value to make the labels change - I'm using MAP, so I open the dialog and then close it without any changes - and the labels change.

It's a nuisance bug, rather than anything else - the actual data remains as it should.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Another bug to fix! Sounds like a minor rev of the configurator is in order. :)

Thanks,