Windows Vista Problems

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

redkcspit

Windows Vista Problems

Post by redkcspit »

Ive had two problems with Windows vista and v3.2.1. 1) I can't open any maps, computer freezes and I have to hard boot to get out of it. 2)Using a belkin FSU109 USB adapter (with vista driver), I can get an initial reading then it won't communicate with the unit at all. I know the unit is working because I can run it on my XP pro desktop with the serial connection. Has anyone else used the unit with the belkin USB adapter and Vista?

Edwardatherton

Post by Edwardatherton »

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode for XP?
Land Rover 1957 S1 88" 2.5 petrol/LPG

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

The configuration app itself was developed on Windows Vista, and should work fine. Your symptoms (computer locking up hard) lead me to think the problem is happening inside the device driver for the usb->serial adapter.

- Have you tried a different USB->Serial adapter, such as the prolific model? Just as a test.
- Could you point me to the Vista driver you used for the belkin adapter? I may have the same adapter in my vast collection of different adapters, so I'd like to double-check on my end.
- Are you using the same usb->serial adapter on your XP machine?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

capri_v6

Post by capri_v6 »

i have a similar problem, program will load and periodically get updates. have the same adaptor and running vista, will work with other software, (aeb gas computer running serial) i have attached the driver i was using, and was using 3.2.0 config software
Cheers
Ben
Attachments
Driver.zip
(19.85 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The 3.2.1 software specifically addressed compatibility issues for certain USB-Serial adapters. Have you tried this version with your adapter?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

capri_v6

Post by capri_v6 »

i have not but im not sure if i will need to update my firmware will give it a go tonight and let you know the results

capri_v6

Post by capri_v6 »

yeah seems to be no change will spearatically get readings but not constant so id suggest its a conflict with the driver maybe
any ideas aside from gettin a new usb to serial?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I would have to have it in my hand to evaluate why it's not working. Which brand/model is it? Post a link to it if you can.

Just for curiosity's sake, you may want to try it on a few different computers to see if you observe the same behavior.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

capri_v6

Post by capri_v6 »

make and model is stated above and i will try in on my old xp based machine and see if the driver makes any difference, belkin does only suggest that it is a pda adaptor but it seems to work fine with other serial based devices like my leonardo LPG computer.

http://www.belkin.com/support/product/? ... 109&scid=1