HELP NEDED ASAP

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

tonci

HELP NEDED ASAP

Post by tonci »

Hi guys,

I need help asap...I can't comunicate with my megajolt with configurator v3.0.0 it does comunicate but it meses up tables every time I try to save them to controller. I had one version of cofigurator (I think v3.0.6 or something) that worked well but I've lost it together with my HD on laptop :( . The problem is that I have big drag race this weeken (state chamionship) and I need car tomorow. Please help. Is there a way to get hold of 4600's tuner software? Can someone PLEASE send it to me on my email (tonci.loncar at st.t-com.hr)

thanks in advance

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Tonci,

I would highly recommend upgrading to the 3.2.1 firmware and use the latest 3.2.1 configuration software.

** The 3.2.1 firmware fixed periodic corruption in the PC<-> MJLJ communications (while the engine is running) which can happen regardless of the software you are using.
** The firmware also significantly improves RPM stability. If you have a race car you really want this new firmware.

** The 3.2.1 configuration software improves communications through many fixes for USB->Serial adapters

Firmware upgrade guide here: http://www.autosportlabs.net/3.2.x/2.8. ... rade_guide
3.2.1 firmware here: http://www.autosportlabs.net/asl_dist/m ... V3.2.1.s19
Latest 3.2.1 software here: http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_Confi ... n_Software

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

tonci

Post by tonci »

I've tried to upgrade to v3.2.1, but it stops at this:''Waiting for HC08 reset ACK...'' so I presume that there is no bootloader on my motorola chip ( I did buy it programed from you about one year ago). I have tried upgrade from my old laptop that has serial port but it has windows 98 (can this be a problem?). How can I upgrade firmware if I don't have bootloader on motorola?

Edit: since when did you start to install bootloaders on motorola chips?
Last edited by tonci on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

If you got the CPU pre-programmed, the bootloader is present- it would never go away. So you do have the bootloader installed.

sometimes the hc08sprg.exe is picky about USB->Serial adapters, but If your machine has a standard serial port it should work OK.

Are you following this sequence for writing the new firmware? Are you specifying the correct COM port?

(power down MJLJ)
> hc08sprg.exe COM1 mjlJunior_V3.2.1.s19
Waiting for HC08 reset ACK...
(now power up MJLJ)
..received 0xfc (good).

....programming sequence happens here...
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

tonci

Post by tonci »

Yes I have followed that procedure but it stoped at this:
Waiting for HC08 reset ACK...
can it be that it doesn't work with win 98?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I have not tested it on Win98, but it should work in theory. I use it primarily on Windows 2000.

Are you able to try a different computer?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

tonci

Post by tonci »

Will try it tomorrow on my new laptop but with usb to serial converter...I am going to sleep now...it is 1.42 am here and I work tomorrow at 7 am :roll:

tonci

Post by tonci »

tonci wrote:Will try it tomorrow on my new laptop but with usb to serial converter...I am going to sleep now...it is 1.42 am here and I work tomorrow at 7 am :roll:
I managed to upgrade firmware with my new laptop...3.2.1 firmware working great now :lol: ...thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Excellent! I hope you did well at the races!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter