User output do not raise normally with aux output

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

vermale

User output do not raise normally with aux output

Post by vermale »

I've finished to asemble my kit and now I'm trying to make some tests before installing it on my car.

I use MegaJolt 4.0.2 software.

The communication with pc is ok and I've connected a water temp gauge and the temperature is correctly displayed on the interface.
My problem is with the user output;
I try to set user output 1 with : Aux / Normal / 30° and the output is never raise even ( before or after 30° ).
If I set Aux / Invert / 30 the output is always on.
If I set Aux / Normal / 0 output is always on but with 2,3 ... 255 always 0.

I suspect to to have to load new firmware because I've not set any firmware in my kit received a week ago.

Thanks for informations.

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hi Vermale and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. Can you confirm the outputs work correctly with RPM or MAP outputs??

Did you write and and commit to flash after changing the settings with the temperature. If you turn the megajolt unit on and off does it save the settings you have put in???

Also have you observed what the four green lights at the bottom of the screen are doing, as they should mirror what is happening with the outputs.

Ryan ;)
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello, vermale

when enabled, the user outputs switch to *ground* - they will not output a voltage when activated.

See these diagrams for a suggestion on how to connect various devices.
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... hift_Light

And how NITROPIXIE describes, look at the software for the green "LED" indicators at the bottom of the screen- this will show whether the output is active or not.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

vermale

Post by vermale »

Thanks for all answers,

As suggested I've made a test with "Load" input to activate output for that i've set ouptut 1 to 20%, 2 to 40% ...

Here is the result : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XDtnEbA8o0

For me it's looks ok.

For my test with the temparature sensor I just verify the led display on screen.

So for the aux input problem still here.

Could you confirm me I do not need to flash me firmware ?

grunwald

Post by grunwald »

I was wondering if this problem was ever resolved? I am experiencing exactly the same issue. I mapped out the Aux input for my GM temp sensor and the display gauge now works perfectly. The outputs however will not switch on with the Aux except if I set the trigger to 0 on normal, or 1-255 on invert. I checked the outputs using the MAP and that works perfectly. Anyone have any suggestions to try?

Thanks...........

vermale

Post by vermale »

I still have problem and do not have any solution today. Because my project is not finish today this problem do not block me but I still expect to have a solution.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Apologies for the delay in response. What is the MJLJ *firmware* version? In the software click "Help/About" while connected to the controller.

Regards
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

grunwald

Post by grunwald »

Good Afternoon,

Just to be sure, I flashed the controller with 4.0.2 firmware last night, but still have the same issue with the Aux outputs.

Thanks..........

grunwald

Post by grunwald »

Just thinking... I also noticed that when I cut the power to the controller, the ouput line drops to ground. My cooling fan relay is direct pwr, rather then Ign., so this causes the fan to turn on. The Green LED on the MJLJ also lights when this happens. I assume it's feeding back from the relay.

Thanks...........