Firmware/hardware issues

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bja10210

Firmware/hardware issues

Post by bja10210 »

I have installed and run 7 different race cars with the megajolt ignition. most recently one of my customers had a problem with no tach signal after rewiring his own car. He had a spare megajolt, plugged it in, same result. he sent me both. i plugged them both into my personal car that was working fine. no tach signal and no ignition advance, but it works fine when plugged into my Megajolt. He purchased another unit. i put his ignition map in it and it works fine. my suspicion is that he did something wiring related and some how damaged his first 2 megajolts.

so, ive been messing with one of his "broken" megajolts. i thought i would attempt to update the firmware in it. while trying to do this i get the following messege

C:\Program Files (x86)\Megajolt Lite Jr. Configurator v4.0.2>hc08sprg.exe COM3 mjlJunior_V3.3.1.s19
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hc08sprg - Developer's Serial Bootloader for HC(S)08 - $Version: 9.0.37.0$
FC protocol versions supported:
0x01 (HC08)
0x03 (large HC08)
0x02 (S08)
0x06 (long S08)
0x0A (large S08)

Parsed S-record lines: 143 Bytes total: 4330
Source address range: 0xE000-0xFFFF

Waiting for HC(S)08 reset ACK...

and thats where it sits. for hours on end. now i know that at this point it is trying to communicate with the processor. does this mean that the processor is toast? I am using a USB port for this process. if i disconnect the megajolt the program fails with the following.

Waiting for HC(S)08 reset ACK...
Error receiving reset ACK.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Firmware/hardware issues

Post by brentp »

Looks like it, unfortunately.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter