V3.0.0 / V3.1.0 Configurator USB-Serial problems

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

If you can figure out the other adapter, even post a picture of it, that would be great. And watch for an fix coming in the near future.

Regards,

hammy

Post by hammy »

Hi,

My other lead is, I think , an FTDI Serial to USB convertor (according to the driver detail).

http://www.ftdichip.com/

Hammy.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ok, there's a candidate fix for the Huge Pine chipset, plus a few other things. Please take a look and let me know if it works well.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/index.php? ... n_Software

hammy

Post by hammy »

I will give it go at the weekend, thank you and fingers crosssed

:D
Hammy
X/F Wessie owner and forum Groupie

hammy

Post by hammy »

Hi,

just tried version 3.1.1 - It works fine with my FTDI Serial to USB convertor lead (version 3.1.0 would not write data to the MJ with this lead) . The "Hugepine" device works but crashes the computer out after a minute or so of use (blue screen of death), its happened three times, but I'm unsure from where it happens ( sorry). I'm reluctant to keep trying because the crash is a bit nasty and its not my laptop.......

Dell laptop running XP home Sp2.

I'm happy because I can now use the software :) Might use the Hugepine lead for tying back some plants in the garden..
Hammy
X/F Wessie owner and forum Groupie

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That's the same problem I saw with Windows Vista. The crash is happening inside of the driver, unfortunately..

Perhaps PhilW might have a different version of the driver- I'll ping him to ask if he could post the driver for his HugePine USB driver.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter