How did you get your username/forum nickname??

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

Got 2 Capris... one of which is a Turbo Technics 2.8i... this is next on the list for MJLJ when funds permit... got the V3 controller done and working... just need the rest of the stuff.

sierra2dr

Post by sierra2dr »

capri_turbo wrote:Got 2 Capris... one of which is a Turbo Technics 2.8i... this is next on the list for MJLJ when funds permit... got the V3 controller done and working... just need the rest of the stuff.
Can't wait for the result on this. You will have the TT dizzy with the modified capsule. I bought one for £70,so that's how much they sell for. On the crank pulley,how many grooves are there? On my XR4i there's 3,and I am in the process of placing a 2.3 crank in,as it has a shorter stroke than the 2.8er. But,I was struggling to use the 3 grooved pulley,because the 2.3 crank is smaller in diameter.

Plays with cars

Post by Plays with cars »

Um.... can you guess?

Actually comes from a shirt I had that said "still plays with cars"
Mark Brown
Porsche 914-6, 2.4, MFI, DIS in process

starman

Post by starman »

My neighbor gave me this nickname. He is the official name-giver in our small, tight-knit neighborhood--kinda like what John Belushi's character Bluto Blutarsky was for Delta house.

james786

Post by james786 »

Hi, I am james sain. I am new member of this site. I am here to share ideas with all of you. I hope you all will be nice with me.

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Welcome James

Feel free to ask any questions or hunt around for information. Any chance of a couple of pics of your jaguar in the powered by section. You could even do an install diary here if you like as there aren't too many Jags kicking about on here.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

mower man

Post by mower man »

Well mower man is simple [yes I am ] I was before I retired was plant manager /technician for a grounds maintaince co and most of my work was on mowing machines of varing types, so there you have it . I some times use OEM [one eyed mick ] because I only have one eye , bye for now
The older I get the faster I was!

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

I use to mess around with Honda's (still do a little actually) and primarily a 4th generation Accord (CB7). It's accord backwards. Like many others; it just stuck.
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

trevil

Post by trevil »

I've had my nick for 20+ years now, realname Trond, ond is norish for evil, so it's just translated :p
Megajolt on 2.4 CHI engine :)

Mr. Chips

Post by Mr. Chips »

Somewhere around 1977-8, my dad (worked at Burroughs) brought home a few cut silicon wafer bits that went inside the TTL ICs of the day. Being 5 or 6, the only chips I knew were of the potato or corn varieties.... so I ate one.

Looking back, I'm lucky I didn't have some weird medical effect / intestinal lacerations etc..