Default Ignition MAP

Browse and share Ignition Configurations in this forum

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Default Ignition MAP

Post by brentp »

This is the MAP included by default with the MJLJ processor.

It is a 'safe' map that can work for boosted as well as normally aspirated engines.
Attachments
FactoryDefaultMap.mjlj
(725 Bytes) Downloaded 5249 times
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

damunk

Post by damunk »

Brent,

I am re-building my carb setup engine which runs a tad rich at present and going from 1.4L to 1.6L + the new mild road camshafts.

My current map which was set on rolling road is on thread: viewtopic.php?t=5602

I need a safe map to:
1) run my cams in for 20 minutes stationary
2) run the new piston rings in for a few hundred miles before i take it to the rolling road.

Better to use the default map? I have used the default before on the 1.4 but that was only to get it to the rolling road.

The difference this time is I am building an engine that will need running in before I find it comfortable to take 100 miles to the rolling road.

Jaeshin1111

Re: Default Ignition MAP

Post by Jaeshin1111 »

Hello brent,

I have a megajolt and im tuning my 4age with cam upgrade and toda engine parts .. fcr engine designed to rev pass 10k rpm. .. how can i setup my map? Please help .. i got the base map and finally got it to idle and currently runs and drives but i feel like idle is still not stable and rich.. any suggestion?

Jaeshin1111

Post by Jaeshin1111 »

How do i set the cranking advance value?

What does this do?

I have a 4age with bike carb fcr and edis 4

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, please post in one of the other channels here for tuning advice - we don't specifically offer advise for different engine as we may not have experience in that engine; others here with the same engine can provide help.

Alternatively, a tuning shop will help you set up your ignition map (it is a universal concept and they should be able to understand it).
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter