Map for alfa boxer 1.7 16v

Browse and share Ignition Configurations in this forum

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Alfawiz

Post by Alfawiz »

I just use my portable 5 gas analyser which has a lambda reading & run her up the road,as long as you can get it near to 1.0 its running spot on,it also gives you the HC measurements.
Attachments
alfawiz emissions on megajolt.JPG
alfawiz emissions on megajolt.JPG (176.03 KiB) Viewed 27729 times

Rich550

Alfa Boxer 1.7 8valve

Post by Rich550 »

I fitted Megajolt earlier in the year and spent a couple of hours on the rolling road at Northampton Motorsport to get it tuned correctly. Since then I've done about 2K miles.

Alfa Romeo flat four, 1700, 8 valve.
TPS
Attachments
megajolt engine bay.JPG
megajolt engine bay.JPG (172.34 KiB) Viewed 27060 times
TPS mounted to end of throttle linkage.
TPS mounted to end of throttle linkage.
megajolt TPS.JPG (168.8 KiB) Viewed 27060 times
megajolt cockpit.JPG
megajolt cockpit.JPG (166.14 KiB) Viewed 27060 times
Martin & Walker Porsche 550 Spyder replica with Alfa 1.7 8valve boxer engine. MJLJ V4 / TPS

Rich550

Post by Rich550 »

Ignition Map.

It starts and idles faultlessly, and pulls evenly through the rev range to 6500rpm (though I rarely take it above 5500). I'll scan and attach the dyno results when I get chance.
Attachments
33MDT-nms.mjlj
(803 Bytes) Downloaded 1613 times
Martin & Walker Porsche 550 Spyder replica with Alfa 1.7 8valve boxer engine. MJLJ V4 / TPS

Rich550

Post by Rich550 »

If you downloaded the map, let me know how it works out for you, I'd be really interested.

Cheers
Rich

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That is an incredibly clean engine- thank you for sharing!

Would love to see more, including a full body shot in the "powered by" section! :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Rich550

Post by Rich550 »

Thanks Brent.

I'll post some more pics and info in the Powered By section.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Hey Richard, car looks great. Mr. L from Spyderclub, correct?

Rich550

Post by Rich550 »

Thanks Danny, yes that's me. I thought I'd messaged you when I started the Megajolt project, obviously not. It was inspiring to see another 550 with the same ignition system, I think a lot of the other DIY guys on Spyderclub would find it a worthwhile upgrade.

Looking good in white by the way!!

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Rich, you probably did message me and I forgot! Thanks for the kudos. Yes, I like the white very much. RE the guys on Spyderclub: they can't be convinced, neither can the boys on Speedsterowners.com. They all use(mostly) the 009 distributor on their aircooled motors. So sad for them, as the curve and accuracy are HORRID!

Megajolt is perfect: cheap, accurate, HOT spark, and infinitely adjustable. The best mod I did to my car, hands-down. Plus, I got a free(almost) sequential shiftlight in my combi gauge, I use the three red lights to the right od the high-beam indicator. It's funny, I give a lot of rides and let some people drive. They are amazed at the power, torque, and smoothness, but can't seem to understand it is proper tuning AND great ignition!

basha318i

Post by basha318i »

Rich550 wrote:Ignition Map.

It starts and idles faultlessly, and pulls evenly through the rev range to 6500rpm (though I rarely take it above 5500). I'll scan and attach the dyno results when I get chance.
Hello,

I have tried this ignition map for my MegaSquirtII running my Alfasud 1.7 8v Boxer engine, but there was something wrong, the engine wasn't running fine at all. I'm not sure where is the problem to be honest.

I have a basic ignition configured in my MS2, just a single input from the hall sensor & that outputs to the ignition coil.

Here's my current ignition advance table that I've been running for a while, it's still not good in higher RPM & with higher load, it injects so many fuel which causes black smoke =\

Hope someone could help :)
Attachments
Ignition advance for Alfa 33 1.7 8v boxer engine (NOT PERFECT)
Ignition advance for Alfa 33 1.7 8v boxer engine (NOT PERFECT)
1.7boxer8vIgnition.jpg (90.67 KiB) Viewed 18776 times

Rich550

Post by Rich550 »

Hi Basha

Sorry, I can't really help you, I haven't had to think about Megajolt since I fitted it almost 5 years ago, and I don't know anything about fuel injection, I've got carbs. What car is the engine in? An Alfa 33?

My map looks different to this with a bigger spread and more advance throughout the whole mid and upper range (but you tried it and it didn't work)

I'm sure someone can help.

Rich