triumph rev counter RVC not working

Browse and share Ignition Configurations in this forum

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Spitty

triumph rev counter RVC not working

Post by Spitty »

Hi,

I bought a driver for a spitfire 1500 with the RVC style smiths rev counter and have connected it up as the instructions ie the two wires going to the EDIS coil supplies from the EDIS unit and the single o/p from the driver going to the rev counter in place of the exisiting wire from the original HT coil, however, it doesn't work! :?

Any ideas would be welcome. :)

I have the megajolt lite driving a ford edis which works perfectly apart from the rev counter won't work.

Also, my laptop doesn't have a 9 pin serial port; can i plug the RJ11 straight into the RJ11 socket on my laptop or won't this work? (i have tried this and get the message that the port cannot be opened, but don't know if this is because the MJolt needs the serial port or maybe my RJ11 isn't patched in?) Again, any ideas please. :x

Many thanks, 8)

Steve

fenderstrat536

Post by fenderstrat536 »

as far as hooking the MJ to your laptop: No you can not plug it into the modem. You will need an adapter to get from RJ11 to a standard 9 pin serial. You'll need a serial to usb adapter since you don't have an actual serial port.

Kieranzxt

Post by Kieranzxt »

I had a similar issue with the rev counter in our Mini Clubman.

I ended up driving the rev counter using the PIP signal. That worked fine.

You will need a usb - seriel adapter in order to communicate with the MJ.