March Update: Happy Birthday, Decals and sick motor.

Autosport Labs news and product announcement discussion.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

March Update: Happy Birthday, Decals and sick motor.

Post by brentp »

Autosport Labs 1 year anniversary

We just passed the one year mark with Autosport Labs! It's amazing how the year flies by. Stand by, as we have a lot going on behind the scenes! We'll be announcing new products- big and small soon, starting with the production run of the hard rev limiter add-on. Thanks to all for making this an interesting ride for us!

Decals
We have some decals in stock!

We have 1 foot, 2 foot and even 3 foot stickers in stock. We even have a few windshield banners! I will have them available in the online store very soon.

Here are some pictures.

R&D platform sick motor
I've attached a picture showing an example of what accidental, momentary overboost does to a 1.6L 4AG motor. Now we know what was causing that strange engine noise. :) Ah well. Soon it will be better, faster stronger with a new external wastegate and forged pistons. The machine shop is re-honing the block as I type.
Attachments
damaged_piston_4.jpg
damaged_piston_4.jpg (124.12 KiB) Viewed 3214 times
windshield banner
windshield banner
asl_windshield_banner.jpg (121.3 KiB) Viewed 3214 times
12" sticker
12" sticker
asl_12inch_sticker_close.jpg (91.11 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
Last edited by brentp on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sunray

Post by sunray »

Oh no! Thats the way she goes sometimes, just get it fixed and you'll be back out in no time.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yep- better the next time around! I also need to engineer in a bigger- much much bigger- oil cooler. I'm torn between installing a front mounted oil cooler a'la Porshce 914, or install one forward of the rear bumper, under the rear trunk. These mid-engined layouts can be a real pain sometimes!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Brent, I've heard of guys using RX-7 coolers in the nose of their Porsches, apparently a lot cheaper and does the job.

sunray

Post by sunray »

I was just going to suggest the rx7 oil cooler too. Lots of success using them with T series Toyota motors.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thank you for the tip on the RX7 oil cooler! It's a big unit, but packaged perfectly for in the bumper application. It should work well at the front or in the rear with a scoop.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

no decals in the store yet?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I have the 12" and 24" decals in there now. I've been looking for a way to photograph them- I need a large, smooth dark surface to photograph them on, like a piece of black plastic or plexiglass. You really cannot see the decals pre-application due to backing tape.

Still working on 'powered by megajolt' shirts. :)

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

Brent,

Any chance of stickers/decals for the Megajolt box itself?

cheers,
David

matsmcfly

Post by matsmcfly »

sorry for posting on such an old thread, but I would be interested in getting a window decal and decal for my MJLJ box. I had a quick look in the store section but didnt see any. are they still available??

thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Now that we're over the hump with V4, we are diverting our attention back to decals and t-shirts. Watch for a news update soon.

Thanks for your patience!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter