Introducing: RaceCapture - Data Acquisition and Control

Autosport Labs news and product announcement discussion.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Introducing: RaceCapture - Data Acquisition and Control

Post by brentp »

We are excited to announce our newest project: RaceCapture - A powerful, flexible Data Acquisition and Control System.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture

Impact
RaceCapture transcends most traditional "Data Logging" systems by virtue of its powerful processor and emphasis on outputs as well as inputs. The ability to perform Data Acquisition while controlling other devices and systems, coupled with flexible end-user customization, will powerfully differentiate RaceCapture from other data logging systems.

Significance
While the official application of RaceCapture is focused towards Race Car Data Acquisition, its powerful processor combined with a wealth of inputs and outputs also makes RaceCapture a general purpose automotive computer, one capable of handling many different tasks - limited only by your imagination. If the question is "Can RaceCapture do ...?" the answer will likely be 'Yes' and often with little to no external hardware support necessary.

The Intangibles
For us at Autosport Labs, RaceCapture will be our workhorse development platform, used to springboard into more focused hardware when addressing specific applications. For example: Megajolt2, our next crank fired ignition system, is based on a variant of this hardware design; correspondingly, portions of the firmware and software will share a common lineage.

Beta Testing 2009
If you are interested, feel you are technically qualified, and would benefit from using RaceCapture see our RaceCapture Info page for more info on signing up for our beta test program.

Last edited by brentp on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

WOW, somebody has been up late an awful lot!

This looks to be one of the coolest things ever! Kudos to you, Brent. I certainly think this is a little out of my league, but I may know of a couple folks that this will interest. I will turn them on to it and let them get back to you.

AndreGT6

Post by AndreGT6 »

Outstanding.

But yes without a sensor suite the only feed I could offer the box would be a coil or rpm output from the MJLJ box.

Still... yum.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks guys. Yes, we have been very, very busy. All good stuff- we certainly have multiple big 'itches' to scratch. :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter