Special Delivery for Autosport Labs!

Autosport Labs news and product announcement discussion.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Special Delivery for Autosport Labs!

Post by brentp »

What's in this crate? Why it's a shiny new, custom enclosure design for future projects! No, not the red one we blogged about earlier- that's for the likes of projects such as Megajolt2 and RaceCapture. Rather, these are more oriented towards compact designs like the current Megajolt ignition controller and other toys we're working on. We had an opportunity to step away from a generic enclosure and commissiond our own design, better suited for Autosport Labs projects.

So what other things are we working on? We'll share that too shortly!
Attachments
case_delivered_asl_logo_sm.jpg
case_delivered_asl_logo_sm.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 4333 times
Last edited by brentp on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

Come on... spill the beans :D :D :D

2 Questions...

1. Will the new cases fit existing hardware? (MJLJ v4 with rev limiter for example)
2. Will they be available to buy seperately?

ps... loving that crash pole... just needs painting white and red now to look like a length of swizzel candy :P

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

We like that crash pole too. very... functional.

Well, we cracked open the case and drooled over the first layer of enclosures. All very pretty and exactly as I imagined. I find particular excitement to see what starts off in my mind's eye manifest itself in physical reality. You should see me when fresh PCB designs are delivered- like a kid on XMas ! :)

Funky Driver:

1) These enclosures are wider than the old design; I wanted to enjoy a bit more real estate in the case. They will fit a Rev "D" Megajolt, which is functionally identical to what you already have; we'll be discussing this soon.
2) Maybe!! We've been pinged already on this. Not surprising, they are rather good looking. I can imaging all sorts of electronics stuffed into these, not necessarily automotive related.

Here are a few pictures of the enclosures. If you were following us on twitter, you would've seen these already! (nudge, nudge)
Attachments
asl_minicase_beauty_shot_sm.jpeg
asl_minicase_beauty_shot_sm.jpeg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
asl_minicase_crate_cracked_open_sm.jpeg
asl_minicase_crate_cracked_open_sm.jpeg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

VERY nice :)

And yes, additional automotive projects was what I had in mind. A bank of say four all together each with their own functionality would look a LOT better instead of random circuit boards hotglued to the4 underside of the dash. Might as well make a feature out of them all :D

Scott Miller

Post by Scott Miller »

Those are quite handsome. Well done.
Scott "Leadfoot" Miller
www.AutosportLabs.com