Internal Rev Limit

Discussion on the Hard Rev Limiter module, currently under beta testing. <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/Hard_rev_limiter_1.1.0">Project Information</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

DannyP

Internal Rev Limit

Post by DannyP »

Getting it going now! Dremeled the traces for User output 3 and 4, as I have no intention of using them. I will be using Shift Light and Rev limit to a Bi-color Led cluster I found for a couple of dollars. I also made a bargraph A/F display for a narrowband O2 sensor. 12V in to Rev limiter on user out 4, Coil power from rev limiter to User out 3, both through Molex connector to wire harness.
Attachments
Power LED and option Switch mounted to case
Power LED and option Switch mounted to case
MapSWpower.jpg (59.88 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
Ground,5v (tps reference) and option direct wired.
Ground,5v (tps reference) and option direct wired.
TPSresize.jpg (81.27 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Rev limiter and Map option internally soldered. TPS optioned board.
Rev limiter and Map option internally soldered. TPS optioned board.
Revlimitresize.jpg (93.55 KiB) Viewed 4017 times

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

good work, now upload a video. :roll:

Patriq

Re: Internal Rev Limit

Post by Patriq »

DannyP wrote:Getting it going now! Dremeled the traces for User output 3 and 4, as I have no intention of using them. I will be using Shift Light and Rev limit to a Bi-color Led cluster I found for a couple of dollars. I also made a bargraph A/F display for a narrowband O2 sensor. 12V in to Rev limiter on user out 4, Coil power from rev limiter to User out 3, both through Molex connector to wire harness.
Just the kind of photos I was looking for. I am doing the same install myself.

Questions:
1. Did you cut the trace to the molex pin where you have soldered the trigger input for the hard rev board ? Since it looks like you've simply soldered the trigger for the board to one of the pins/legs of the molex ? You only mentioned cutting the trace for the +12V in to the board and the coil feed out from the board.

2. So, you've added an extra +12V in to unit, solely for the rev limit board ? Not a bad idea.

3. What is the switch and the light next to the molex for ? You mentioned something about MAP option. Can you switch between MAP and TPS ? The light shows which option is currently running ?

4. Would cutting one or two of the legs of the molex be an option instead of cutting the traces of the board ? That way, you could reverse the process and wouldn't have to risk doing damage to the board.

5.I'm also installing the circuit for the aux input, and hence an experimental board. This will be installed in the same slot as the rev limit board. What are the physical dimensions of the rev limit board ? Just so that I can plan the install of the experimental board.
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand now !

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

1. The trigger comes from the Megajolt, so I didn't cut the trace. I just wired it internally. I also used the trigger output to give me a revlimit reached light on the dash.

2. Yes.

3. Light is a power on indicator. Brent now includes this on the V4. The switch switches between two ignition maps that I have loaded, I have a TPS version.

4. You could, but I think it easier to cut the trace. You can easily bridge a jumper over the Dremeled trace. Plus the Molex pins need to be anchored so they don't move or slide out of the connector.

5. Don't know, but it is close to square and fits between the slots in the case.

Patriq

Post by Patriq »

DannyP wrote:1. The trigger comes from the Megajolt, so I didn't cut the trace. I just wired it internally. I also used the trigger output to give me a revlimit reached light on the dash.

2. Yes.

3. Light is a power on indicator. Brent now includes this on the V4. The switch switches between two ignition maps that I have loaded, I have a TPS version.
Yes, I realized after I've logged off and in bed, that off course it was the ignition map. Don't know what I was thinking.....

4. You could, but I think it easier to cut the trace. You can easily bridge a jumper over the Dremeled trace. Plus the Molex pins need to be anchored so they don't move or slide out of the connector.
He he... I noticed. I did remove one of the molex pins from the pcb. Since I used the solder iron - the plastic in the Molex got soft - and hence that pin is a bit loose in the molex. I'll be adding som glue to it. I think that will work..

5. Don't know, but it is close to square and fits between the slots in the case.
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand now !