Hard Rev Limiter w/ 4 COPs

Discussion on the Hard Rev Limiter module, currently under beta testing. <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/Hard_rev_limiter_1.1.0">Project Information</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dr.occa

Hard Rev Limiter w/ 4 COPs

Post by dr.occa »

since i'm running x2 EDIS4 units to power 4 COPs, would it make sense then to run x2 Hard Rev Limiters where the +12, GND and Trigger run from the same points but only the COIL connector of each limiter be responsible for their own separate pair of Coils?

like this:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I would think one rev limiter module could power all of your coils.

However, it would be good to know the DC resistance of the coil pack primaries. Can you let us know what that is?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

brentp wrote:I would think one rev limiter module could power all of your coils.

However, it would be good to know the DC resistance of the coil pack primaries. Can you let us know what that is?
be glad to but please bear with mein that i have a VERY intermediate understanding of electronics so i ask:

should the multimeter be set for DC Voltage Measurement and the car running to get the above mentioned information? if not then please advise.

*"86" the above question: i realized DC resistance is still Ohmage testing. i'm an amateur what can i say.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Uh, you got it. Remember, it's not a mistake if you catch it!

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

i'm showing 1.1 ohms on the Coils

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Very well. An EDIS primary winding will typically measure .5 to .6 ohms, so it would seem you should be fine with one rev limiter module.

After installing, you could verify the temperature of the module after running the car for a bit, without hitting the rev limiter. There should be almost no detectable heat coming from the mosfet transistor on the rev limiter board.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

satishbhawra52

Post by satishbhawra52 »

since i'm running x2 EDIS4 units to power 4 COPs, would it make sense

mattias

2xEDIS 8 and COPs

Post by mattias »

Hello!
What was the outcome of this post and the resault? Was the 2xEdis4 with COPs setup with one or two Hard revs? And did it work? I'm planing to hook up my dual Edis8 and COP setup on my supercharged 4.6L Ford powerplant with a simpel launch system consisting of my shiftlight and the Hard rev unit. My setup is attached and now is my question. Should I go for a dual Hard Rev or should I setup for just an singel? The coils are about 1ohm each. I'm planing to keep the launch rev about 2.5K(auto trans) just to build boost some 10ths of a sec faster and leave the line with full throttle and long gone closed relieve valves and all the pluming included the air/air intrecooler boosted all the way to the cylinders with avaliable boost wich is quite some as I'm spinning my Vortech quite hard:)
Best Regards
/Mattias
Attachments
2xEDIS8 and COPs
2xEDIS8 and COPs
EDIS2Medium.jpg (33.74 KiB) Viewed 4347 times