megajolt e and hard cut.

Discussion on the Hard Rev Limiter module, currently under beta testing. <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/Hard_rev_limiter_1.1.0">Project Information</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

cjh

megajolt e and hard cut.

Post by cjh »

Hi, I am after a little guidance/advice, I have a megajolt e, but I am wanting to install a hard cut limiter. I read through the guide on here, I understand I can route the +12v, ground and trigger wires, from the board, out of the case and into the correct locations on the Molex, and route the wire from no.2 pin on the coil pack to the hard cut board. I then looked on a diagram of the Molex, and saw a pin for coil power, which threw me off, can anyone direct me on the coil power pin.

I also plan to use the rev limit as a crude launch control on a second map, can anyone explan how I can wire in a momentary contact switch for switching maps?

Sorry, I am useless with wiring, and only just got my head around the megajolt wiring.

Any help appreciated. Craig

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the late reply.

The COIL_POWER pin on the megajolt is there in case you want to install the hard rev limiter module inside the Megajolt unit. This pin would be the output to the coil pack (which would get interrupted upon rev limit).

With the hard rev limiter internally installed, you'd have to ensure you had a sufficiently large current supply feeding the Megajolt +12v input, as this will be used for supplying power to the coil.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter