Stand alone engine management (simple)

What would you like to see? Post your suggestions here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

Well, from one point of view, Megajolt *could* be expanded into a Mega-Ject.

In conjunction with an EDIS, it already has RPM, Map, TPS, Temp Inputs and Aux Outputs (for Pump and Injector Drive) and nice Table Configurator Software..

You would probably need to get a WBO2 input in there somewhere.. or spec a J.A.W or Innovate WB controller for the simple vOut.

Then all you would need to do is beef up one of the outputs to drive a bank of hi-impedance Injectors in parallel fire PWM mode and write a metric assload of software.. nothing to it

The multi table, Hi-Res timing and all the acceleration, idle, Atmospheric corrections would mean a *lot* of coding work for Brent, although he could read the open source MS software to get ideas, but still, its not something Id volunteer for.. :)

Maybe if you front him some cash to feed the family while he dissapears into code-space for 6 months you might stand a chance.. but I dont know..

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

I am sure that there is no chance that Brent will undertake this. I know what it takes to bring a new product to market. About the only way this could happen is if you actually took MS and converted it. In essence dumb it down. Remove functionality and hack out large sections of the code (both in the hardware as well as the software)

Call it MiS (Minor Squirt) LOL

EDIT: Or "Mini Squirt"
Last edited by Dean924s on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respectfully

Dean

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You guys are funny. Don't you realize there are legions of coders just fighting over the chance to alienate their family and friends to work on open source firmware on some new open source hardware? ;)

As far as marketing goes, grassroots word of mouth and our own efforts via social media has been the best, most authentic fit for us. We dabbled in print advertising once- worst money ever spent. We develop, offer and support these "projects" in a non traditional sense and the marketing efforts will match that.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

Brent you don't actually want a life do you?
Respectfully

Dean

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Dean, you might consider I actually *like* making this kind of stuff :)

Actually, working on the Megajolt/C crank fired algorithm code has been really fun. I'm thinking I'm close to test firing an engine!

(searches around for an expendable engine)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Dean924s

Post by Dean924s »

Well I learned something there is actually a "Mini Squirt" already made. Not a G&B approved unit but still interesting.

http://www.mini-ms.com/
Respectfully

Dean