Single unit install solution for DLIDFIS ignition setups?

What would you like to see? Post your suggestions here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dr.occa

Single unit install solution for DLIDFIS ignition setups?

Post by dr.occa »

Brent, I'm not sure if the current MJLJ will suffice but I've recently done my first DLIDFIS (deep breath...Dual Leading Ignitor Direct Fire Ignition System...phew) on a rotary motor that's outfitted to another of my corolla projects.

My setup uses the following:

-factory distributor (not the CAS type) for the Leading & Trailing triggers (both ignitors on the dist are gutted and wires soldered in for direct connection triggering)
-3 of the 4 connector GM HEI type ignitors mounted to a grounded plate
-3 separate coils (2 for the 2 separate leads - 3 if it's a 3 rotor setup, etc...- then 1 for the trailing which is connected to the fact. dist.)

I've attached a couple of pics to better illustrate all my yammering on the wiring and the gutted ignitors.

I was just wondering if a unit could be designed that would be a single enclosure. Maybe it would be something like a combination of the up and coming Megajolt COP and the Distributor triggered versions combined.

Here's how it looks in my engine bay:

I made it a point to keep it as clean as I could envision it but I thought maybe if it were in an easier "package" AND possibly programmable it would be quite cool especially in the rx7 / rotary motor community.
Attachments
dlidfis.png
dlidfis.png (156.1 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
gutted01.JPG
gutted01.JPG (98.37 KiB) Viewed 3375 times
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Wow.

It's possible MegajoltC could handle that with LS-1 coils. The firing points for the coil packs will be very flexibile, but all still referenced from the same "TDC" reference point on the crankshaft.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter