Android Gauge app

What would you like to see? Post your suggestions here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

StevenD57

Android Gauge app

Post by StevenD57 »

Phil Toben who does the TunerStudioMS java based application to tune the Megasquirt ECU, has also recently released ShadowDashMS which is an Android app that displays a very cool digital dash from the data gathered from the Megasquirt ECU via a bluetooth to DB9 serial adapter. There is also a freely available app in beta stage called MSDroid that does a similar thing. I am using ShadowDashMS and a 10inch Android tablet to add a digital gauge display to my Jensen-Healey that I have converted to EFI and crank-fired ignition using a Megasquirt ECU.

With the cool gauges displayed via the Megajolt tuning software, would it also be possible to get Phil to support the Megajolt with his ShadowDashMS app or perhaps create an android app specific to the Megajolt? I think this would be a really cool add-on functionality to the Megajolt product line.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Steven,

The Serial API spec is published in our wiki, so in theory anyone could make any kind of application to talk to the Megajolt.

Hope that helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

jestes

Re: Android Gauge app

Post by jestes »

StevenD57 wrote:Phil Toben who does the TunerStudioMS java based application to tune the Megasquirt ECU, has also recently released ShadowDashMS which is an Android app that displays a very cool digital dash from the data gathered from the Megasquirt ECU via a bluetooth to DB9 serial adapter. There is also a freely available app in beta stage called MSDroid that does a similar thing. I am using ShadowDashMS and a 10inch Android tablet to add a digital gauge display to my Jensen-Healey that I have converted to EFI and crank-fired ignition using a Megasquirt ECU.

With the cool gauges displayed via the Megajolt tuning software, would it also be possible to get Phil to support the Megajolt with his ShadowDashMS app or perhaps create an android app specific to the Megajolt? I think this would be a really cool add-on functionality to the Megajolt product line.
I have a group of collage students developing an Android app for the MegaJolt. It will have the abilty to configure the map as well as a gauge screen that shows, RPM, Load and Advance. We are just getting started, but watch the News and Announcements section for information in the coming weeks. By June 10th it should be able to display the map (with no color coding yet) and gauges. I'll post an APK when we get there.

BTW - I'll be using this http://dx.com/p/jy-mcu-arduino-bluetoot ... ule-104299 to connect my Android tablet to the MegaJolt.