Map sensor showing 45kpa

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Hoddy2k

Map sensor showing 45kpa

Post by Hoddy2k »

Hello
I have converted from tps to map sensor, but the map sensor is showing 45kpa at atmospheric pressure. I can alter pressure reading with vac pump. I have a MJL v3.
Thanks
Simon

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello,

Since the MAP and TPS share the same input on the MJLJ processor, you will need to disable the TPS circuit on your V3 board. If you haven't done this, disable it by removing R3 (the 1K resistor in the TPS option area).

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Hoddy2k

Post by Hoddy2k »

Thanks for the promt reply, I have already removed the components for the tps, the map sensor seems to be working ie pressure readings go up and down but showing 45 Kpa atmospheric pressure.

Regards
Simon

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

One more thing- I presume your unit had TPS calibration done. You will need to restore the calibration matching the MAP sensor.

Easiest way is to re-flash the controller with the 3.2.1 firmware (save your ignition config first!) This will restore the default load calibration.

The second option is to load the MAP sensor calibration back into the load calibration table:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V3_Op ... alibration

I will dig up and post the default calibration file if you want to go this route.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Hoddy2k

Post by Hoddy2k »

Thanks for the help, reflashed MJL and now everything is working fine.
Regards
Simon

Johnemms

Re: Map sensor showing 45kpa

Post by Johnemms »