Molex wiring

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

PhilW

Molex wiring

Post by PhilW »

Hi All,Can someone please comfirm this is the right way to wire the molex or
have i just melted something?
Attachments
MJLJ.JPG
MJLJ.JPG (108.24 KiB) Viewed 8969 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Phil,

did you see the Build and install instructions here? http://www.autosportlabs.net/index.php? ... tion_Guide

This is covered in the "vehicle installation" section.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Hi Brent, I read the distructions (several times due to been a bit thick)and virtually every post and wired eveything up today but just wanted to double check
as when i connect up to a 9v battery im getting timed out message.

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Tried a 12v supply,different PC,reinstalled usb drivers and different versions of software. Still nothing.
If "automaticaly read config at start up"is ticked I will get" Default ignition config loaded" at startup
then "timed out" message,If its not ticked i just get the 2 "timed out messages".
All i can think of is to try another serial cable .

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Take a look at the troubleshooting guide here:

http://www.autosportlabs.net/index.php? ... lt_Lite_Jr.

I understand from your description you're using a USB-Serial adapter? If so, which brand/model is it?

There is one known issue with USB-Serial adapters based on the "Huge Pine" chipset- I'm currently testing a fix for this problem.

Have you also tried it with a PC that has a regular serial port?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

dave9469

Re: Molex wiring

Post by dave9469 »

PhilW wrote:Hi All,Can someone please comfirm this is the right way to wire the molex or
have i just melted something?
Hi Phil

I found this somewhere, cannot remember where but it's got the info you need.

I just built my first megajolt the other day and had problems with the communication. It turned out the max232 was duff. I did some testing on it, then changed for a new one and everything works fine now. Drop me a line if you need a hand fault finding on it.

Dave
Attachments
megajolt diagram.pdf
(196.17 KiB) Downloaded 739 times

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Thanks for your help guys,It is the Huge Pine USB/serial causing the problems i missed the thread
mentioning the problem with this chipset ,a quick google search shows many people have problems
using it with a wide range of applications.I tried opening a hyperterminal and the MJ answered but i
still got Timed out,so i borrowed a normal serial cable and have had no problems,very pleased.

Thanks for the PDF Dave,It was the different perspectives and no molex pin numbers that caused
me a bit of confusion(not hard).Saying that the bottom row of pins on that PDF diagram are numdered
backwards compared to the molex supplied with my MJ?

What USB chipset definetly works?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Phil,

Ah yes- the Huge Pine chipset again. The good thing is I'm just wrapping up the testing for a fix specifically for this chipset (plus some other stuff)

The catch is that the fix will be in the next version of 3.1 beta configuration software (which correspondingly requires the 3.1 beta firmware)

Currently, USB serial adapters based on the Prolific chipset will work correctly, in addition to ones based on the FTDI chipset.

If you can wait a bit I should have a new version you can install tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter