transistor substitute

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

sccolbert

transistor substitute

Post by sccolbert »

digikey has been on backorder for the transistor 2n3906 for position Q4, the part is listed at 200ma. I have the board assembled and the local radio shack has the same 2n3906 transistor but it is rated at 100ma. Will this be an acceptable substitute or do i need the 200ma part? Digi key has been on backorder for this for quite some time and does not when they will recieve a shipment.

Chris

repton

transistor

Post by repton »

Looking at the schematic Q4 is the feed for the tacho output, so for the purposes of getting the thing working I would assume it's very much optional. I would just leave it out for now.

Paul

Josh_b

i may be wrong

Post by Josh_b »

will leavin the tranny out leave an openish circuit so it wont work?

repton

The tacho output won't work,

Post by repton »

The tacho output won't work, but I think I'm right in saying everything else will. I guess it depends how important a working tach output is to the guy.

Josh_b

i seem to recall

Post by Josh_b »

when i left the output trannies off none of it worked

sccolbert

doesnt really matter any more

Post by sccolbert »

doesnt really matter any more.....i just got the right transistor from digikey...it just came off backorder....thanks though

chris