Modify MAP V3 for aux input with TPS?

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

JamesC

Modify MAP V3 for aux input with TPS?

Post by JamesC »

As I am not using the TPS is it possible to modify it so that the aux input is using the TPS pin?

Seems simple enough to just wire it in where C12 or R3 is? I would need to cut the track going back to the processor?

I thought I had seen a mod similar to this (at least something soldered in to that area of the board) but cannot find it again?! (maybe I was dreaming)

James

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Yep seems like you have hit it on the head.

If you jumper from the aux on the board to the TPS R3 or C12 then you can use the TPS pin of the plug as the input for the AUX. There is no need to to cut the track to the processor as long as you place the jumper on the correct side of R3 or C12.

Just confirm you have continuity between the plug and the correct side of R3 or C12 to make sure that you are actually connecting to the correct side and not the processor side.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

JamesC

Post by JamesC »

Oh yeah - I am being silly and not reading the schematic properly... looks like the correct side of R3 is perfect.