V4 Build No power

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

raggdout

V4 Build No power

Post by raggdout »

After following the assembly guide for the V4 board, I checked the voltage at all the required area's. All of them check out. I then move onto the main circuit section. Once I completed that, per the assembly guide I checked the voltages. I have nothing. No voltage at any spot. I am using a 9 volt battery for the test and read 9volts off the leads. Any help is appreciated.

Erik
Aircooled VW addict

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hey Erik

Are you sure you have connected the 9v battery the correct way round after you installed the chips.

If you take the chips out again but be careful not to break/bend the pins of the chips and retest.

If still no luck then check all the pins you can starting from the molex then across the diodes, then the tracks which supply the chips.

Also check your solder joints for any cracks and remelt the joints on any suspicious ones.

Hope this helps

Ryan
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

raggdout

Post by raggdout »

I'm starting to wonder if I had my battery hooked up correctly. It was a long day and I havent had a chance to head back out to the garage to see if I was that dumb.

Thanks for the help.
Aircooled VW addict

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

I personally didn't have any luck with a 9V battery on my V3 build. I ended up using a 12v power supply I have. The 9V battery MUST be fresh if you choose to use one.