Schematic & B.O.M list V4.0 Rev D PCB

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

azz1266

Schematic & B.O.M list V4.0 Rev D PCB

Post by azz1266 »

Hi Guys,

ive started to install my megajolt into my mk3 saloon hill climb car.

unfortunatly some wiring shorted out destroying the voltage regulator.

ive replaced it today with a similar part but the board is not talking to the PC and is getting very warm.

Does anyone have the B.O.M and schematic for a V4.0 Rev D board (SMT IC's)

ta in advance

azz

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, Sorry you had some problems. How did you know the voltage regulator was burned out? is there visible damage marks? If you can post pictures of the board we can help diagnose.

The part number for the voltage regulator is the LM2937IMP-5.0, in an SOT-223 package - same as with all the V4 controllers.

We'll get the latest schematics up ASAP- in the meantime, the circuit is very similar to the V4 controller, which can be found in the wiki.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

azz1266

Post by azz1266 »

Hi Brentp,

thanks for the fast response.

the ecu green LED had gone out after some sparking (not in the ecu)

i measured the output voltage of the regulator and theres nada.

ive changed it for a similar spec one (1000ma instead of 500ma) Is this going to cause any issues?

cheers for the info. is the B.O.M the same as the V4 version just through hole devices?

azz

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update. we recommend replacing it with the LM2937IMP-5.0 as it's rated for automotive environments.

Some part part numbers might've changed between versions.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

azz1266

Post by azz1266 »

Hi again,

well i have the car running just on the EDIS system now (broken wiring to the VR sensor)

Do you have a rough date when the latest version schematic and B.O.M will be released? could really do with some fault finding on my board to see whats dmaged and why its not talking to the PC (coms is set up correctly etc)

azz