TPS to MAP Conversion - Capacitor & Resistor Voltages ?

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Raggylad

TPS to MAP Conversion - Capacitor & Resistor Voltages ?

Post by Raggylad »

I have a MJLJ with the green Rev D board, currently configured for TPS. I intend to convert it to MAP configuration.

Thanks to all the information on this forum, I know that I need to disconnect the TPS function (by removing resistor R3 ?) and that I will need to install the following components:

- 1x MPX4250AP MAP sensor
- 1x Bulkhead vacuum hose connector
- Vacuum hose
- 1x cable tie
- 1x 270 ohm 1/4W 5% tolerance 1206 resistor (voltage 250V ?)
- 2x 0.1uf 1206 ceramic capacitors (voltage 16V, 50V, 100V, 1000V ? There seems to be a wide choice available ?

Do I have the resistor voltage correct and which voltage capacitors do I need (I'm guessing 50V, but is that right) ?

Many thanks.

Nick

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

you can also connect a external MAP sensor to TPS wires, get the calibration from the MAP sensor and go with it. Not as clean as integrated MAP sensor but easier to do...
Brent mentioned it somewhere on the forum. I've got TPS to MAP conversion hardware also, not sure if I would use it one day... :roll:
Mathieu

Raggylad

Post by Raggylad »

I considered the external MAP sensor, but have decided to go for the 'cleaner' option. I'm not concerned about working on the board, but do need to confim that I'm installing the correct spec components ! :?

Nick