Programmer

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

giuino

Programmer

Post by giuino »

Hi everybody,
ciao Luca, i already made the board, i'll use this one on a Fiat cinquecento (4 cil 900cc engine) for testing, then i'll make another one for a vw flatfour aircooled engine 1300cc turbo with MS ecu
i'm trying to download the software and start testing
my greatest problem, as for now, is the programmer adapter. I made a Megaprogrammer, but the schematics for the adapter are only for the willette one. I tried to use it but i encountered sone weird problems (Prog08sz eventually stuck during programming) did anyone use the Megaprog with the adapter?

Luca Lagonigro

The adapter is 100% the same

Post by Luca Lagonigro »

The adapter is 100% the same between the willette and megaprogrammer. I bet there is something wrong with your.

Check the usual things, voltage, data, etc... there is not that much around it.

I can send you two or tree pre programmed processors in trade of the FI endcastings ;) The latest firmware has the bootloader function added so you don't have to worry about future upgrades, you can reprogram the thing inboard via RS232.

stragenmitsuko

The adapter is designed to be

Post by stragenmitsuko »

The adapter is designed to be used with the megaprogrammer
and works fine .
It has never been tested with the wilette , altough I'm
convinced if you can get the wilette to function , the adapter will also do what it's supposed to do .

Pat

Luca Lagonigro

>It has never been tested wit

Post by Luca Lagonigro »

>It has never been tested with the wilette

I did, it works.

Paul f

I would like to be able to pr

Post by Paul f »

I would like to be able to program blank processors and have been looking for a programmer.I found the willette one but dont know how to modify it for 16 pin chips.Do I just need an adaptor from 40 pins to 16 with the correct pins connected? if so has anyone a diagram.
Paul.

Luca Lagonigro

You can either modify the w

Post by Luca Lagonigro »

You can either modify the willette to program only KX8s or just do the adaptor thing and keep the MC68HC908GP32 (megasquirt) compatibility.

I've successfully did the adaptor on a perf board following this diagram:

http://81.208.68.147/luca_tmp/Kx8_adap.zip

p.s. Do you have a spare trigger wheel?

Paul f

Thanks for that information,

Post by Paul f »

Thanks for that information, i will try and build a progammer and adaptor board so as to be able to program both processors.
I got my trigger wheel from a ford sierra in the local scrapyard.There was a spare one there at the time but i left it there.On the sierra it is pressed onto a large cast pulley but can be removed.
Paul.

help40

Post by help40 »

somebody have the zip file for the adaptor ? link is dead :(

help40

Post by help40 »

Seems that megajolt is not diy project any more!