Internal clock?

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

highboosted

Internal clock?

Post by highboosted »

I've noticed that when playing back logs of my autoX runs, the software seems to play back too slow........never really thought much about it until I actually marked the stop and start positions and counted the seconds it took to complete a 55.1 second run......and the log says it took ~62 seconds by the playback clock.

So I used my trusty stop watch and raced the log playing on the PC.........yep, while playing it "lost": RA:1:31.7 to stopwatch 1:43.3. I wasn't sure this would effect the shown lap times until I tried to verify my lap times using my logs.

Just curious to if anyone else have compared their logs to another lap timer. And if their logs play at "real time" on their PC. Seems to me this would cause erroneous lap times being saved.

FWIW I'm using the USB cable to power the unit in the race car for now. Unsure if that would have an effect. showing a little over 6V.