First Experiences and Suggestions

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Matt D.

First Experiences and Suggestions

Post by Matt D. »

I didn't see a forum for suggestions so I'll just post this here. :)

I installed RaceCapture/Pro this weekend though don't have any sensors hooked up yet. Running just the GPS I gathered some logs and immediately came up with some things I'd like to see.

I like to experiment so I put Lap Count, Lap Time and Split Time to 100hz. This seemed to "break" the log playback. Upon looking at the logs there were large gaps in data and upon playback the GPS position bounced between two locations on the edges of the screen and the other channels didn't update as the log played. Putting these to 10hz fixed this problem and the next log I recorded played back as expected. I didn't see a recommended or required setting for these channels, or if there is no documentation for this it may be wise to simply lock these sample rates down.

Once I gathered a good log I imported it, ran it through the analyzer and it worked, so here's what I'd like to see in the future:
  • More than one split time target (big tracks like Road America or extremely technical tracks could benefit from this)
  • A selectable and sortable list of laps showing selected channels
  • The addition of peak and minimum speed and RPM per lap, possibly others such as oil pressure, water temp, etc.
  • GPS location of peak speed/RPM with ability to instantly see where on the track it occurred
  • Ability to select two laps and compare them side by side with line graph and GPS map
  • Ability to select two laps and overlay the line graphs and GPS maps
I'm still new to all this but am excited to learn more.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi Matt! Thanks for letting us know your first experiences with RCP. We do have plans for many of the features you listed. Stay tuned!

I think the 100hz issue may have been fixed, are you running the latest firmware and RaceAnalyzer? Firmware version should be 1.1.10 and Race Analyzer is 1.1.11. http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro_Downloads
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs