Not writing logs or sending telemetry data

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

smig

Post by smig »

Here are the steps I took to set the Telemetry Device Id:

1. Login to to www.race-capture.com and verify your Device ID by clicking on Account, scroll down to the Devices and click on the name of the device. Confirm the Device id.

2. Connect RCP up to RaceAnalyzer, go to Configuration Mode and click the Read button.

3. Once it completes successfully, select View>Configuration>Logging/Telemetry and copy the Device id from above into the Telemetry Device Id field.

4. Save the configuration using File>Save Configuration

5. Confirm that Also Flash Configuration is checked and then click Write and wait for it to complete.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

I see in your config your sample rates for acceleration is at 30HZ? Try turning them down to 5HZ and checking all others are at that rate or lower.

Also I didn't see a telemetry device id, make sure that is added.

In the config I see telemetry mode is set to 0, I'm not sure if that means on or off. But make sure Logging/Telemetry is set to cellular: http://i.imgur.com/NmTyzsi.png
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

raydoc

Post by raydoc »

Well, I've pretty much given up. We've changed SD cards, reset the RCP several times, created a new account and input a different number and still no connectivity. The cellular unit is hitting T-mobile because they are charging us for the daily use . Today is a write off for the race (really why we bought it). Trying to fix this by time-delayed messages is frustrating.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi raydoc, I know this is frustrating. I've had connectivity issues too. Did you try changing the logging rates to 5hz?
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ray,

Sorry its not working for you yet. Email us at [email protected] and one of us can help you more directly.

I think we are close to getting it working based on what we've seen so far.

Thanks for working with us!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter