Can't view GPS Data

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mrldcty

Can't view GPS Data

Post by mrldcty »

... from my own files or the sample files. It always just says: "Select channel with GPS data...". I've tried every channel. Also, I have verified that the file do have GPS data in them... what gives?

Also, I am unable to flash the unit... it sits and spins on "waiting for device to appear on USB forever".

Sure would like to get some data before the race weekend is over! :0)
Spec Racer Ford #40

toga94m

Post by toga94m »

Get a datafile open in RaceAnalyzer. In the 'type' column, the event name will have a [+] to the left of it - click that to open all the logged channels. Select Latitude and Longitude channels (hold CTRL and click each one). With both highlighted, go to the menu bar and hit Charts, then GPS View.

There's also an issue where GPS data doesn't display right (red dot sticks in a corner and no trace) due to varying sample rates on the channels. What Race Analyzer are you running - latest is 1.1.15?

mrldcty

Post by mrldcty »

Thanks for the help and sorry for the late response... just getting around to trying to figure this out. I think it may be related to the issue you mention with varying sample rates. I'm indeed running 1.1.15, and have varying rates, so every third record in the data file has lat/lon, but the other records are blank for those channels. Thus, I get the red dot stuck in the upper left corner.

Is there a fix?
Spec Racer Ford #40

toga94m

Post by toga94m »

Here's the first line of my most recent datalog, which was able to display a map. This shows sample rates (and channels selected) that worked for me. I don't have the RCP installed in the car yet, it just rides along on the passenger seat while I'm testing.

"Battery"|"Volts"|1,"AccelX"|"G"|30,"AccelY"|"G"|30,"AccelZ"|"G"|30,"Yaw"|"Deg_Sec"|30,"Latitude"|"Deg"|10,"Longitude"|"Deg"|10,"Speed"|"MPH"|10,"Time"|"Time"|10,"Distance"|"miles"|10

So I have a mix of 1Hz, 10Hz, and 30Hz rates. I also get partial log lines intermixed with others, depending on log rate. But the lat/long is able to chart, even with occasional gaps. Try opening your logfile in notepad and deleting rows from the top, until the top row has a lat/long entry. Then save & reimport in RaceAnalyzer. Trying this on an older computer with WinXP, Notepad doesn't properly linebreak after each record, so doing this edit might be hard unless you've got a better text editor.

Tom
------------
Learning Race Capture Pro... on someone else's car
Learning Python/Kivy on my own PC

andylaurence

Post by andylaurence »

It sounds like you might actually be displaying data, but it's so far zoomed out you can't see it. Are there any lines in the log where the GPS data is wildly out, perhaps at 0.00?
Sprinting an ADR Sport 2
www.endurancelay.co.uk