Haltech Elite CAN data streaming to RCP 2?

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dvsu12

Haltech Elite CAN data streaming to RCP 2?

Post by dvsu12 »

Hi all,

Plan on ordering a RCP 2 soon for my track car, question is, when I upgrade to a Haltech Elite 1500 ecu later in the year, will I be able to capture CAN data from it to the RCP 2?
Obviously I also want to stream this CAN data to the RCP android app.

Cheers!

dvsu12

Post by dvsu12 »

Anyone?

They stream 2 CAN streams, one is obd2 "vehicle" CAN and the other is Haltech's own CAN stream for interfacing with their CAN wideband and CAN thermocouple interface modules.

Copper280z

Post by Copper280z »

Assuming haltech complies with the CAN standards and gives you a definition of how they send the data, it should be quite straightforward. If they don't give you a definition of their data stream, you'll be in the same boat trying to decode it like those of us reading an oem canbus.

madjak

Post by madjak »

I have a LUA script that works with the Haltech ECUs via the Haltech CAN v2 protocol. I've only tested it on my PS1000 but it should work on any of the later ECUs including the Elite.

I'll polish it up a bit and send it to the guys to post on the wiki. So far I've gotten around 11 CAN streams to work including: TPS, MAP, AIT, Coolant Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Fuel Temp, Fuel Composition, RPM and Injector duty Cycle. There are many more that can be hooked up easily if required.

dvsu12

Post by dvsu12 »

Cheers madjak, much appreciated.

I managed to obtain the CAN file for the Racepak dashes that are used with the Haltech Elites, so if anyone is after it, let me know.

madjak

Post by madjak »

Cool, can you send it through to me so I have have a squiz? I'll PM you my email address.

I have the full Haltech V2 CAN Protocol document. It would be good to know if the Elite is the same as the PS2000 / PS1000 ECUs. I suspect the base CAN is the same, with maybe some additional data in the reserved areas.

Also, shout out if you need any help with the scripting. I have the CAN side sorted now so it would be easy for me to modify or add new channels if required.