Headless function clarification

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

VPD

Headless function clarification

Post by VPD »

Can you clarify which functions are included under headless operation? Does it only pertain to SD logging and broadcasting telemetry over cellular data, or also mean things like triggering outputs and running ShiftX2?

Once configured, I'm trying to understand what functions can start and run automatically when the device is powered up even if I never start the Race Capture app.

Similarly, if it only pertains to SD logging and cellular telemetry, does that mean even the Race Capture Track hardware would run the ShiftX2 upon start up and without needing to start the RC app?

VPD

Post by VPD »

Anyone with experience here?

Brent, can you shed some light so I can figure out which hardware to buy?

(edit) With exception to the analog channel functions, will all the LUA scripting that works in Pro also work in Track like the examples found here?
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... g_Examples

Thanks!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

You have it about right for headless operation for RaceCapture/Pro. It includes:
* SD logging
* Cellular telemetry
* Anything that can be run via lua scripting (controlling ShiftX2, etc)

RaceCapture/Track requires the app for full operation. it cannot log data locally or broadcast telemetry on it's own, but it can run lua scripting just the same as RaceCapture/Pro.

Thanks, hope this helps; we'll watch this for any replies.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

VPD

Post by VPD »

Thank you, that does help. So while Track can run all the lua scripts, sounds like the app must be started and run continuously for the scripts to start and keep running. Do I read you right?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Nope, the app does not need to be connected for Lua scripts to start. They will start automatically.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

VPD

Post by VPD »

Fantastic, Happy to be wrong on that one.