Filewriter sample invalid

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

thoraxe

Filewriter sample invalid

Post by thoraxe »

I'm trying to get logging working on my rcp mk2. I have an SD card inserted and I hit the logging button. The light starts flashing/blinking, but in the scripting log I get the following set of messages (not directly copy pasted):

Code: Select all

Logging started
Filewriter.c&#58; start
Filewriter.c&#58; opening log file
Filewriter.c&#58; opened rc_4.log
Filewriter sample invalid. Skipping 
Logging stopped
The indicated file does not actually exist on the memory card according to the Windows file explorer.

I am using firmware 2.13.0 and app version 1.14.6

Ill try to update the firmware shortly. This is kind of a crappy memory card. I'll try another memory card also.

It doesn't seem to matter if the "SD logging" toggle is on or off.

thoraxe

Post by thoraxe »

After a firmware update I am still getting the error regarding the invalid sample, but I did get two files logged when using a different memory card. I will Try to non-quick-format the old 1GB memory card and see if it works. If not, I'll stick with the larger card for now until I can test some other cards in the RCP.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Card quality is very important - we recommend a name-brand card purchased from a legitimate source.

A test of a variety of cards 32GB and smaller would be helpful. Also, a fresh format lets RaceCapture easily write the files in a sequential manner (no fragmentation) which helps enhance write reliability and speed.

Let us know what you find out from your testing.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter