"Upgrade Firmware" when plotting by distance

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dimondjack

"Upgrade Firmware" when plotting by distance

Post by dimondjack »

I'm not certain if this goes under the RCP/Pro page or the app page, but I seem to have lost the ability to plot by distance in the Podium interface. I'm uploading using a Mk1 RCP/Pro through a tablet. Both a running the lastest versions of firmware/software. I haven't used my RCP for over a year (crashed car) and I used to be able to plot everything by distance by default. Now the distance radio button is greyed out and asks me to update my firmware and enable distance logging. However, for the life of me I can't find a way to enable distance logging in setup, and I believe I'm running the latest firmware (2.8.7).

What am I missing?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

For some reason distance is not being calculated for your laps - that's what it's complaining about.

Do you otherwise see laps listed in the Podium interface, or is it showing just one '--- ---' lap?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dimondjack

Podium does show laps

Post by dimondjack »

Brent, I'm showing 31 laps in podium, but the first 7 laps are --:--. The others have times. I think you should be able to see it under "Palmer SCDA - 2019" on August 15th.

The predictive lap timer and lap times were working great the whole time, so it seems like the distance calculation must have been working.

Is there somewhere to toggle distance logging? I thought that distance was logged, but I can't see it as an option under any of the setup screens.

Racing on Friday. I somehow missed the last reply so I'll try and be more prompt replying in the future.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Sorry we missed this earlier, we were traveling all last week. Can you post a link to the specific event?

Also, if you have raw log files to share, you can zip and attach here, or email them to [email protected].

Did you confirm you are running the latest firmware?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

I've sent my log file to the email address as it's almost 20 MB even zipped.

When in the racecapture app the device is listed as running 2.8.7 firmware, which is listed as the most recent on the web page.

The event is here: https://podium.live/events/thompson-cha ... ice/teamz2

Distance definitely isn't being logged in the log file, which makes sense given that there is no option I see to start logging it.