RCP2 Data Logging Error

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rocket6706

RCP2 Data Logging Error

Post by rocket6706 »

I have an issue with my RCP2 and the data logging function. I am running the current firmware and all functions work except for writing to the SDcard. When data logging is enabled the solid red light comes on. I created a voltage trigger in scripting and connected the device to an external variable power supply. At 13 volts DC the data logging is enabled, indicating alternator is charging, and solid red light comes on. Less than 13 volts dc the red light goes out.
I get the following error message:
"fileWriter .c: Remounting FS due to write error"
"fileWriter .c: FS init error 3"

I have changed out SD cards and followed the on-line troubleshooting. I formatted the old and new 32G SD card to Fat32 per on-line guidance.
The behavior of the system priror to getting to a "solid Red light" state and no logged data, was intermittent Logging where the SD card would get multiple files for a single event and I would piece the various (20-30 files over a 5 mile land speed run) together. It appears that the SD card may not be properly contacting the RCP interface. I feel like I’m back in the 70’s and need a matchbook under my 8-track. Help
Rocket 6706

rocket6706

Re: RCP2 Data Logging Error

Post by rocket6706 »

Update: I have narrowed it down tho the micro SD carriage within the RCP2. I was able to manipulate tha SD card and was able to collect files; however, it is not connecting reliably over time.

Has anyone has this problem? Any suggestions for best way to repair. I see soldering in my future if I can get a new PCs component
Rocket 6706

brentp
Site Admin

Re: RCP2 Data Logging Error

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Our dealer, PF Tuning, is also our repair partner. They can repair the SD card slot on your unit. http://pftuning.com

Please contact them for help. Thanks!