WIN7 does not recofnize device

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

csinasac

WIN7 does not recofnize device

Post by csinasac »

Hi All,

I just started to play with my Race Capture Pro. I have tried 2 laptops and 1 desktop and multiple USB ports on each. When I plug in via USB, the POwer LED comes on and stays on contnuously and the GPS flashes red (acquirng). None of the computers recognize new H/W being added and thus no prompt for the driver.

Suggestions? Try to add manually?

cheers,

Craig

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Craig,

Do you have the GPS plugged into the [edit] rightmost grey RJ11 jack of the RaceCapture/Pro unit (when facing the unit)

Do you see any green flashing LEDs on the RaceCapture/Pro unit? with the GPS plugged in?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I corrected the post above. the GPS plugs into the rightmost RJ11 jack. Need to take a mental break :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

csinasac

Post by csinasac »

Yes, I have the GPS plugged into the rightmost RJ11. The power LED is on solid green and the LED in the GPS is flashing red (about 1/sec). No other indicators are doing anything. I also have a 16GB SD card plugged in although I removed it and no change.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Try this:

1. unplug usb
2. while holding down the front panel button, plug in usb

What do you observe on the race capture front panel LEDs?

- I want to check if the bootloader firmware can be activated. Trying to find out the state of the installed firmware.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

csinasac

Post by csinasac »

I unplugged the USB, held down the front button and plugged in the USB. The Power LED came on and stayed on solid. There were no other LEDs on at all (flashing or otherwise). I assume this is a diagnostic of some sort?

csinasac

Post by csinasac »

Let me know if you would like me to take the cover off and flip any DIPs or try booting from the SD or anything.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ok - What you let me know is sufficient. Unfortunately it looks like your unit missed the base firmware installation. The quickest way is to just get sent back so we can make the appropriate remedies. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll follow up via email on the next steps.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter