Bad GPS cord or socket?

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pricebill

Bad GPS cord or socket?

Post by pricebill »

I think I was one of the very first retail Race Capture Pro customers. I bought it at 9:01am the day everyone who missed the indiegogo got a chance to order. I installed it into our Lemons vehicle and spent all my time under the hood instead of datalogging. The RCP appeared to be having issues since I never saw the lower right LED flashing for more than a few minute. Months later I finally got a moment to see what the problem was....wiggling the GPS plug appears to cause the problem. Do I have a broken GPS cord? Or is the socket faulty? Ideas? Link to a small video of the problem is here. http://youtu.be/vrM39ngwTNM

pricebill

Sadly my log files are showing up empty.

Post by pricebill »

I put the RCP on the dash, managed to keep the Sat light flashing for a good long data record from beginning to end of the button push. Sadly the file is empty (see screen grab). Went back to my Lemons SD and half those files are zero K as well. Also sad to see that each test file I generated today has the exact same time and date stamp. Is this further evidence of my GPS problem or is it 1980 and my RCP is running a version of Apple DOS? Last night I updated my firmware to RaceCapture/Pro 1.2.3 successfully. Suggestions?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 5.02.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 5.02.19 PM.png (29.33 KiB) Viewed 4975 times

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

You don't have the code to stop logging if you aren't moving enabled, do you? What scripts are running in the Lua section?

pricebill

no scripts running

Post by pricebill »

No Lua scripts.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Bill, looks like the RJ11 jack on the RCP unit is likely faulty.

I think we have your email as well, we'll provide instructions so you can send it back to us for inspection.

Likely the problem is the tangs in the RJ11 are not engaging the RJ11 connector of the GPS module; they may be bent downwards. Take a peek at the connector if you're curious

Sorry for the inconvenience - we'll get this resolved asap!

-Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter