Bricked MK2?

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Adli

Bricked MK2?

Post by Adli »

Hi all,
During the setup of our RCP Mk2, I've seemed to have bricked it. When powered, all lights come on - green and red - and I get no response with Bluetooth or hardwired to a computer.

Read a little about using the boot loader, but I'm not sure if that applies to this.

Any recomendations?

madjak

Post by madjak »

This happened to me once, to reset the RCP back to default settings you can do this:

1) Hold down the logging button when you power it up. Red light should flash repeatedly
2) Start up the Race Capture app, goto the firmware section and roll back to an earlier revision (ie 2.7.9). You won't be able to actually connect to the RCP when doing this.
3) update the firmware.
4) Reset the RCP

Go back in an update back to the current firmware and re-setup all your settings

Adli

Post by Adli »

Thank you - Unfortunately - i cannot get it to start up with the flashing LED.
No matter how long its disconnected or how long i hold down the button before plugging it in, firmware seems to fail.

"Unable to load firmware - cannot find bootloader"

Thoughts?

Adli

Post by Adli »

Seems like i cant get into Bootloader mode - with the flashing red LED... :?:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Adii,

Make sure you are not powering it via 12v while plugging it into USB when attempting to go into bootloader mode.

If you're still having problems please email us at [email protected] and we'll help further.

thank you,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Adli

Post by Adli »

Thanks Brentp - puled it out and have been testing it on my desk. Nada.

Ill email you guys shortly.

Thanks,