PLX devices gauges

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Zefy

PLX devices gauges

Post by Zefy »

I was wondering if anyone knows about using PLX gauges (specifically the DM-6) without their sensor modules. I currently have 2 of them and would like to have the RCP output directly to them. This would be especially helpful for when I do not want to have my tablet/phone connected to the rcp while i'm just driving around but still want to monitor my oil pressure and temperature.

they have obd2 support with a separate module and then you can add sensor modules (like wideband, oil temp, oil pressure, egt...) to compliment what is not covered by the oem ecu.

here is what the gauge looks like.

http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2-A ... 002368.htm

and here is a company called adaptronic that made a little converter board to display stuff directly from their ecu onto the dm6 gauge.

http://www.turbosource.com/Adaptronic-P ... -65120.htm

and their little discussion on how it works... (which i do not really understand... hah)

http://www.adaptronic.com.au/forum/inde ... pic=5414.0

I am currently using a vipec i44 (similar to the link g4+) and have it outputting CAN information to my RCP which i'm currently installing.

I also have two dm-6 PLX gauges with boost, oil temp, oil pressure, and egt sensor modules. I want to completely get rid of the PLX sensor modules and have the sensors go directly to the rcp and have the same info (and more) available for viewing on the dm-6 gauges. PLX won't really share the communication protocol they're using but it looks like the adaptronic folks have figured it out...

thoughts?

air1dpt

PLX devices gauges

Post by air1dpt »

I have a plx wideband 02 and vac/boost sensor connected to a plx multi gauge mounted in a vent pod on my Golf R. I also have a 0-5vdc output wired from both sensor modules into inputs on my mk2 racecapture da unit. I created two additional channels (boost, afr) that are mapped to the appropriated analogue inputs. This allows me to view the data on rcp which is running on a tab s mounted on the dash. Works wonderful. Now if I can figure out how to do a peak hold/display in rcp, that would be icing on the cake!

Zefy

Post by Zefy »

Ya using the analog outputs on the sensor modules is an option. However I don't find them to be all that good. I've compared my boost gauge to the vipec map (also this is redundant just for a boost gauge) and it reads differently. So differently in fact that I compared it with a druck calibrated transducer. It doesn't read all that correctly... Same with the oil pressure... They use those vdo style can sensors and I don't find them reliable compared to a decent pressure transducer. I would like to just have my sensors connected to either the vipec or the rcp.

I