Can't write configuration

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

jsflanagan

Can't write configuration

Post by jsflanagan »

I have a mk1 racecapture, been using it in my MR2 that I run in chumpcar, it's been great love it. I tried to add a CAN bus based sensor tonight, after much frustration I realized that foolish me my MK1 doesn't have CAN bus on it's RJ45 connector. In that I was messing with the lula script, the last thing I changed was set the canbus speed to 1mbit in the script (to match my device). Now I can't seem to write a config to the racecapture. I can connect, download the current config but can't write a new one. I've tried re-flashing the device, which I can only do from a window7 computer. The re-flash appears to go through but nothing changes, still can't write a config. Can I open the case, is there some hard reset button inside? I really need this for a test I was going to run tomorrow. I've tried writing configs from both a windows 7 and 10 computer each to no avail. Thanks for the help.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

There's a way to force a factory reset by flashing an older firmware version where the Y of the X.Y.Z firmware version is one step older. This will trigger a factory configuration reset. Once this is complete, you can flash the latest firmware back.

For example, if the current firmware is 2.11.0, you can flash to a 2.10.x image, and then flash the latest again.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter