Steering Wheel Push Button to advance screens on RCP Tablet

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pstorms

Post by pstorms »

Hey Brent,

Interesting development. You wouldn't have captured the key codes by chance would you? Which tablet are you using?

Thanks for the update.
brentp wrote:Hi, I just tested the Anker keyboard with the app. The arrow keys successfully switch dashboard screens, and ESC backs out of the current page.

I'll work to post a video of it when I can get the main tablet charged.
ChumpCar Race Car #57
Castrol Double Dozen Aug 2016 - 13th and 10th place
Castrol Double Dozen Aug 2017 - 9th and 7th place, 1st place in class
1997 Mazda MX-6

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I'm using my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) and a Nvidia Shield. Didn't capture the keycodes - it simply worked.

I'm sure you can figure out the correct keycodes with some research and trial and error. Keep us posted!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Olaaf

Post by Olaaf »

Is there any update on this?

On my end I've tried 3-4 USB OTG (On the Go) cables and adapters. I can get a USB keyboard to advance the screens, but the tablet will not charge at the same time. This is both on the new version of the kindle fire HD8 as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.

What i'd really like to do is run a contact closure to the RCP hardware datalogger, and have that advance the screens. the same way that you can set a red or yellow light threshold in a gauge..

Our cars are so full of RF energy now, between the motorola radios, bluetooth, wifi, and RFID for AER events..

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes, in the next app release due out within a couple of weeks, we'll have more keyboard shortcuts available to navigate the app.

Here's the updated list of keys:
'd' -> navigates to dashboard
's' -> navigates to setup
'a' -> navigates to analysis
'p' -> navigates to app preferences
't' -> navigates to status
ctrl-q -> exit the app

reference: https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ssues/1483
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

psfp

Post by psfp »

Great news, Brent. Congratulations for the team.
--Paulo

Nmunn

Re: Steering Wheel Push Button to advance screens on RCP Tablet

Post by Nmunn »

@pstorms I am looking for options on a wireless button setup and found your thread. Anything you can share?

I am thinking of ordering a BlueHID controller and seeing if we can push keystrokes. Would be curious what you have learned.

Best,
Nelson