firm ware update issues!! ERROR LIGHT FLASHING FIXED!!!!!

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

23tuner

firm ware update issues!! ERROR LIGHT FLASHING FIXED!!!!!

Post by 23tuner »

HI everyone

So it has been over a year since I have been able to use MY RCP mk2 and its time to use it again! I have also made some changes to the sensors by using the Sensor X product and will be doing the sequential shift light if possible.

PROBLEM SUMMERY, tested in new car, worked kinda. wanted to load latest film ware, updated mac app, good it reads RCP try and load new firm ware, won't., forum says problem with OS X use Windows, get old laptop win7, update to latest app, it reads RCP as 2.8.7 same as mac did earlier, try and update firmware it won't. go to win10 pc. download latest app for first time, walk through tutorial, will not connect at all. forum says I need to perform long process to get USB's to see com 3, i get that to work..... i think..... still won't read RCP now I notice red error light flashing quickly all the time. Double check condition on all 3 lap tops, will not connect with latest app, and error LED flashing fast as soon as cable is plugged into any one of the three lap tops. tried to remove app from all three computers and reloading, no change.

CRAP WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!! COMPUTERS ARE GREAT BUT TODAY THEY SUCK AND THEY HATE ME LOL!!!1

Brent can you shed any light on this? hell can anyone? I really like this thing but I know just enough about computers to get into big trouble.....that why the macs. LOL!!!!!

PM me, respond to this, email me at larswolfe23@gmail, or call me, or even facebook or what ever!!

Thanks everyone, hope your week is going better than mine!

PLEASE HELP
Last edited by 23tuner on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life's a Race, Drive Hard!

23tuner

THANKS BRENT!!!!!

Post by 23tuner »

ok figured it out with some help from Brent....Thank you sir!

What I think I did was put the RCP in bootup mode and removed it from my computer late last night then updated the app which freaked it out some how and it was locked in that boot mode.

With the recommendation from Brent I was to follow the MK2 firmware update video....EXACTLY! with the laptop with Win10 I didn't.... I did the exact same thing, I followed the steps for updating the RCP with the latest app version.

Then is dawned on my I wasn't following the video EXACTLY.... so I uninstalled the lastest app and reinstalled the app version as it was shown in the video 1,3,1 then installed the rcp firmware version 2.8.1 as It was in the video. it glitched cause it was stuck in boot mode then started to post date.

SUCCESS ihad my old rcp back.

now I uninstalled the old app, then redownloaded the latest app, then once open I downloaded the latest firmware 2.12.0 and BAM I got the latest updates.

Thanks again Brent for your help!!!
Life's a Race, Drive Hard!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Awesome, glad we got it figured it out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter