No GPS with New Smarty Cam and Pista Dash

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

MSRJames

Post by MSRJames »

My Smarty Cam is seeing GPS and finding the track. It gets my Can information from the Pista. Podium connect is getting nothing. I've gone through the setup multiple times to no avail. This is a brand new system.

I have another system that I've stopped installation on to get this one figured out. This one does telemetry to podium/live just zero data.
The other one shows data on the dashboard but transmits nothing to podium/live. <sigh>

I really was hoping this product would be something that we could use and sell.
Driving the Safety Car is fun and boring at the same time.

ferg

Post by ferg »

Is the Podium Connect connected to the Aim Expansion CAN bus? How did you wire that? Do you have a data hub, or did you splice the CAN cable between the Pista & SmartyCAM. Is your GPS a SmartyCAM GPS (serial), or on the Aim Expansion CAN bus (GPS-05 / GPS-08 )?

Any chance the CAN into the Podium Connect has CAN+ and CAN- swapped? Is it configured for 1 MBit speed?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
Autosport Labs Preferred Dealer
https://veracitydata.com

MSRJames

Post by MSRJames »

Data hub. GPS is going to Smarty Cam first. Data hub connects dash, camera, throttle position, steering angle. All AiM cables. Are you asking about Podium Connect speed or the AiM system?
Driving the Safety Car is fun and boring at the same time.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, did this get resolved? The AIM integration is the most popular PodiumConnect integration and is a very solid integration.

Are you using the AIM integration cable provided with the Kit?

You can use the generic CAN bus logger in PodiumConnect to see if you're getting any data at all.
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/CAN_Bus_logger

Be sure to set your CAN1 baud rate to 1MB under Setup/CAN Bus.

Let us know the status; we are here for your success.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter