No data shown at RC.com

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

ZeeB

No data shown at RC.com

Post by ZeeB »

So I managed to get a t-mobile card and went for a test drive tonight. All the lights indicate that things should be working, I have a cell signal etc. But logging into the website my device never showed as being connected. Suggestions on how I can trouble shoot further?

Thanks
Guys

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Zeeb,

When you were logging, did you notice the Ttransmit / Receive lights flashing on the Real Time unit? The Transmit light is on the upper left. When connected and logging to the site, it will flash rapidly and regularly.

http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro ... ceive_LEDs

Also, did you reduce your logging rates to match the recommendation in the telemetry quick start? The default accelerometer settings of 30Hz is a bit too fast for the cellular connection.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

ZeeB

Post by ZeeB »

Thanks Brent, it looks like I had my sample rates too high. I'll update those and give it another try.
Thanks
Nick

ZeeB

Post by ZeeB »

Hi Brent,

I tried again with lowered data rates and I am still not getting realtime telemetery. I am getting data logged by the RCP to my SD card. I get the 3 second flash for an active connection.

On the TX and RX lights I seem to get some paired flashes, and a few blips of TX but nothing steady.

Suggestions welcome.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for working through this. So I would double check the device Id you have registered on the site and make sure it matches exactly what you have programmed in RCP by reading it with RaceAnalyzer.

If youre still having problems after checking that, drop us an email at [email protected] . we will get it squared away!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter