RaceCapture Pro Ver 1 - Bluetooth and Telemetry?

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

TeamLemon-aid

RaceCapture Pro Ver 1 - Bluetooth and Telemetry?

Post by TeamLemon-aid »

I purchased my unit a looong time ago as part of the original kickstart for Autosport. I have NEVER used it. When I purchased it I purchased the RealTime module also.

We are finally getting around to wanting to use it. I have update the firmware and loaded the software on the computer. Everything seems to function as it should.

Before I get too far down this "rabbit hole" with hooking this up to our E46, I was wondering if it is possible with this version of hardware to both use a Bluetooth connection to an Android tablet in the car to function as a dashboard, and also use the sim card unit to send telemetry to the pits? I have looked for this in the How-to section, but I must be missing it. I am thinking that you cannot do both with this version of the hardware.

Ultimately, that is what I want to be able to do. I suppose, at minimum I want to be able to have the Bluetooth function.

I already pulled the trigger on the Bluetooth unit, but I guess I'm not sure if it is compatible with the early hardware.

Also, we are running SpecE46, so I purchased the cable to get data more easily.

I guess if there is any direction the forum users might have I would be very thankful. I'm hoping the answer isn't to purchase the newer version of the Race Capture/Pro.

Chris
Changing Kids Lives, One Lap at a Time

TeamLemon-aid

Post by TeamLemon-aid »

Obviously it can do either Telemetry or Bluetooth to an Android device. Now having messed with it this is clear. Sorry to ask a question I should've been able to sort out by reading better and messing with the unit.
Changing Kids Lives, One Lap at a Time

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The MK1 system can only do bluetooth or Telemetry, but not both at the same time. Best would be to broadcast telemetry via the RaceCapture app using Bluetooth, as it seems you've figured out. Should work great!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter