Cross-platform data comparison

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

TXBDan

Cross-platform data comparison

Post by TXBDan »

Hello,

Has anyone developed a scheme for comparing data collected with the RCP to data from another platform, particularly AIM? Many people i run with use AIM Solos and i would like to compare my data with theirs.

I know that we can get our data into GEMS which is great. And AIM Race Studio can export to CSV. So i think its just a matter of converting an AIM-generated CSV into RaceCapture CSV format so that it can go into the GEMS conversion process just like an RC file.

Has anyone done this?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes - the solution we're offering and working to enhance is streaming data into Podium, which we are building as a system-agnostic platform for sharing motorsports data, regardless of the system that originally created that data.

Right now we have many customers integrating AIM with RaceCapture telemetry using the AIM/SmartyCAM link https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/AIM_SmartyCam_CAN and broadcasting their AIM data into Podium.

We're working to make that work better, both in the hardware ans software support, including the ability to share your racing data with friends, importing data offline, and more.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

That's interesting, but one issue is that anyone with an AIM that i'd want to compare data with would have to use the Podium service which they're unlikely to do for our HPDE/TT type events. The big draw of the Aim Solo in general is that its dead simple with nothing to mess with. (I'm sure telemetry is really cool for endurance racing.) Likewise, it'd also require the RaceCapture user to stream and use Podium which personally i'm not interested in for my current use case.

It's more straight forward to just have your buddies email you their AIM data, convert it somehow to GEMs, and dig into the data on the PC.

To be honest, many many people at the track run Aim Solos simply because everybody else does and so can compare data. Having some path to compatible data would be a huge seller. I'll see if i can come up with some kind of CSV converter tool .

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Actually, CSV data can be uploaded to Podium after the fact, so you don't actually have to live-stream- it's just a bonus if set up that way.

Improving those capabilities is exactly what we're focusing on with the Podium platform - and making that motorsports data easy to share back and forth without resorting to dropbox or emailing data logs is our core focus.

Hope that helps shed some light on our goals / intentions!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

Ah, i didn't realize that. Sounds cool. It really could change the scene if suddenly everyone can share data with everyone.