Podium Ad Hoc shows no data when I log in

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

NRG Motorsports

Podium Ad Hoc shows no data when I log in

Post by NRG Motorsports »

I have everything working except the telemetry on our Race Capture Pro Mk3. The sim is from AT&T 3G data plan. The data is from our AiM MXL2 dash and I can see all the data via USB connected to the race capture system. (I haven't tried wifi as of yet.)

When i look at cellular status, it says it is connected but the Status line has a 4. What does status 4 mean? AT&T had loaded a generic IMEI into their system but I had it changed to the device IMEI number. Still no apparent connection.

I have double checked to make sure the device id is the same on Podium as in the race capture system.

If Status 4 is normal in the cellular tab, then i suspect I do not know how the Ad Hoc and event set up on Podium.live works. What triggers an event? Does the car have to be at a track to trigger and send telemetry or is there a way to do it from my shop? Can I just jump into any Ad Hoc event, or must I create my own?

System status Telemetry says Failed to connect to server.

Any enlightenment in this regard will be helpful.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Let's figure this out.

When RaceCapture tries to connect, does it actually create 'Ad Hoc' event, and when you go to the dashboard, do you see a solid 'Connected' indicator at the top of the screen?

What type of AT&T card did you purchase - was it a pre-paid data plan specifically for tablets? We recently found out that some AT&T phone plans don't work correctly, you will need a plan designed for tablet data.

The APN that works for these SIM cards is the primary AT&T APN 'Broadband' - no username / password.

We'll watch this thread for updates.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

NRG Motorsports

Thank you for the quick response.

Race capture does not create an Ad Hoc event. When I watch the system status it says Telemetry Failed to connect to server and the status bar at the top right of the screen, the GPS is green, cloud upload is not on, and data upload is flashing and blue.

I have the APN set correctly, and there is connectivity with AT&T. Network Status: Registered, and Status: 4.

The plan is a 3G plan w/ cellular talk. I will go in today and see if I can get this changed to a tablet plan.

NRG Motorsports

Problem solved.

After spending some time with the folks at AT&T, we came up with a solution that has worked. There are two types of SIM cards in at least two sizes. The standard AT&T SIM is orange and light blue. The one that works is orange and purple, and is apparently for special uses.

The orange and purple SIM is the one that made my system work. I have a monthly 1 gig plan so it is not the plan but the SIM that seems to be the defining item. The SKU for this card is 4454A. That should help those that struggle with this.